I've visited1. Belgium - In 1993 and 2000, each time for only a few days.
2. Belize - One week in Nov., 1999
3. Brazil - I spent New Years Millennium with 3.5 million people on Copacabana beach. I never left the beach in one month in Brazil.
4. Cambodia - Three months total in 2001 & 2003.
5. Canada - As a kid with my parents, and again with the Boy Scouts.
6. Costa Rica - One week in Dec., 1999.
7. Croatia - A week's vacation after finishing up work in Italy.
8. Czech Republic - Twice. 1993 and 1997.
9. Denmark - I was in a guesthouse in Cairo, and someone offered me a job in Copenhagen. I'd never been to Denmark, so I took him up on it.
10. Egypt - Been living here for months. A required stop on the "Vegas vs. the World" quest.
11. El Salvador - Just a couple of days in San Salvador. Nov., 1999.
12. Ethiopia - Through the Omo Valley, months in Addis Ababa, over to Harrar, and then up to Bahar Dar and Gonder.
13. France - A week in Paris in 1993.
14. Germany - One day in 1993, I did my laundry. I went back in 2005 for a friend's birthday, the November 11th festival in Cologne, and a few days in Berlin.
15. Gibraltar - A couple of days on the rock. Dec., 2000.
16. Guatemala - A couple of weeks in Dec., 1999.
17. Hong Kong - 5 days before flying down to Bali.
18. Hungary - Twice. 1993 and 1997.
19. India - 4 very long months in 2002.
20. Indonesia - 3 months in 2001.
21. Ireland - One week in Dublin 1993.
22. Israel - 6 weeks in 1987.
23. Italy - A couple of weeks in 1993. 3 months working in Milan, 2001.
24. Jordan - The ancient ruins of Petra.
25. Kenya - Far too long in Nairobi, and then by bus, UN truck, and foot, through the Turkana region.
26. Laos - One month. Feb., 2002.
27. Malaysia - A couple of weeks. Oct., 2001.
28. Mexico - I traveled Mexico with my parents as a child. Since then I've had drunken trips to Tijuana and Cabo.
29. Morocco - Only one week. I would have like to have stayed longer. Dec., 2000.
30. Myanmar - One month in April, 2004.
31. Nepal - One month. Two weeks of which were on the Everest Trek. April, 2002.
32. Netherlands - 1993, and back again for New Years 1999.
33. Nicaragua - A couple of weeks in 1999.
34. Poland - 1997.
35. Romania - 1997.
36. Singapore - Two days with bedbugs in 2001.
37. Spain - Twice for 3 weeks.
38. Sudan - Through the deserts...
39. Sweden - Flew over to Stockholm for a weekend to visit the guys from www.homeboy.se.
40. Switzerland - One St. Patrick's Day weekend.
41. Syria - More ancient ruins.
42. Tanzania - I hung out on the beach in Zanzibar, and went on Safari.
43. Thailand - I've lost track of how many times I've been through Thailand.
44. Turkey - One week in Istanbul. Going back this trip.
45. Uganda - Along the standard tourist route, and then up to war-torn Gulu.
46. United Kingdom - Two weeks in 1993.
47. United States - Lived there most of my life.
48. Vatican City - One afternoon of sightseeing.
49. West Bank - I was there in 1987, before the existence of the Palestinian Territories.
On the plan59. Lebanon - Beirut is no longer a war zone. I keep hearing great things about Lebanon, so I'm going.
passed through w/out stopping50. Austria - A metro ride across town to change trains.
51. Bangladesh - One night layover in a hotel.
52. Honduras - Bussed through the country without stopping.
53. Japan - Only the airport.
54. Monaco - For years I hadn't known that I'd been to Monaco. Then one day I realized that my train from Barcelona to Florence must have passed through it - I never even woke up.
55. Slovakia - My passport checked at gunpoint while taking the train through.
56. Slovenia - Hitched a ride through Slovenia with a Croatian coworker.
57. Taiwan - Only the airport.
58. United Arab Emirates - 8 hour layover in the airport.
The rest of the world